Ohio Career Information System and the Individual Academic and Career Plan
The Ohio Career Information System (OCIS) is a fully integrated, Internet-based career information and planning system with accurate, comprehensive and current occupational, postsecondary school and financial aid information. OCIS contains current national, Ohio and local labor market data and projections. OCIS is designed to support lifelong career exploration and career planning as well as decision-making through search and sorting utilities. The online portfolio enables users to save information from all program components. OCIS also includes information on: job interview preparation; resume and cover letter creation; career assessment; academic and career planning; employability skills; self-employment; and military occupations.
The Individual Academic and Career Plan (IACP) is a self-directed, online planning tool to help students with academic and career decision-making in the 21st century. The IACP is embedded in the online student portfolio within the OCIS. The IACP is designed to facilitate guidance from parents/guardians and educators as students articulate aspiration, explore careers, set goals, plan coursework, indentify internships and scholarships, and record grades and test scores. The IACP meets the digital expectations of today’s youth with 24-7 access for ongoing revisions and journaling of learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom.
For Student/Parent/Educator guides, please visit www.ocis.org .
Ohio ACTE Student Services Division Membership
The Student Services Division of the Ohio Association for Career and Technical Education (Ohio ACTE) represents members who are professionally engaged in and/or interested in school guidance, career development, and student services.
Eligible members are often involved with:
They are employed in, or connected with:
- Comprehensive guidance
- Career guidance
- Career exploration
- Work experience
- School counseling
- Job placement
- Institutional program admissions
- Student financial aid
- Occupational information
- Human resource management
- Pre-employment preparation
- Student personnel and guidance functions
Elementary schools, Secondary schools, Postsecondary institutions, Adult education - Including: Community colleges, Technical institutes, Career/Technical schools, Residential schools Employment and training programs, Private business and industry, Armed services, and other non-educational settings
Goals of the Ohio ACTE Student Services Division
- Provide leadership and advocacy for all Student Service Professionals.
- Collaborate with other professional education groups to maintain and advance a strong voice for career development, school counseling and guidance programming.
- Disseminate career and technical education (CTE) information to school counselor, guidance, career development, and student service personnel and to facilitate the sharing of school counselor, guidance, career development, and student services information to CTE professionals.
- Provide exciting and engaging, school counselor, guidance, career development, and student service sessions at the annual Ohio ACTE convention, “Spotlight on Student Services” annual conference, and other venues.
- Provide annual professional recognition of school counselor, guidance, career development, and student service professionals and programs.